Everyday life is the special occasion!

March 21, 2012

Where The Wild Flowers Bloom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During my childhood years I and my friends were privileged kids, because we had the chance of being able to play in big rural areas and of enjoying what nature had to offer us generously and for free. Near our houses there was an area/ a place full of tall green grass, beautiful trees and widely varied wild flowers which we used to call "The Hill" - it was there that our adventures began and took place. One of our favourite  hobbies in the never-ending sunny Springtime afternoons - also known as Easter school break -  was to go uphill, pick a bunch of wild flowers and make garlands that served both the purpose of our made up stories of princesses and enchanted fairies as well as our then completely unimaginable sense of fashion trend. Today I feel most sad when looking up to the top of our old street and noticing that "The Hill", my hill, is not there any longer. Now I catch a glimpse of the project of a new neighbourhood of concrete and I miss the time when we owned the place where the wild flowers bloomed!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

58 comments:

  1. beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flowers especially in the spring. The first picture is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty flowers! love it

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aida! So glad you discovered me because that lead me to you! Your blog is lovely and aspirational - a visual feast! Going to follow you! I did not see you on my list of followers as you mentioned, but I am just grateful to have found you...

    http://www.inherentstylela.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! You are so lucky! I always lived in cities and I didn't have the chance to play in open areas but I've always wanted to :P Open areas are so beautiful :)

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aida, these are so beautiful! When I was little I used to try and try to make flower wreaths, and could never get them to stay together. Maybe I should try again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of hair deco; would be fantastic for wedding....
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and story too bad all the concrete takes its place!

    http://thefashionhive.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous my dear, reminds me of rapunzel!

    Stumbled upon your blog and wanted to leave you a sweet comment, please check out my blog when you have time, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful hair! I love the braids :)

    -Trang
    www.benjaminandtrang.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is so cool! I love the topic & the pretty pictures :) Great blog I am definately following you :)
    Thanks for your comment :) Come back soon!!!

    Passports & Prada

    Xx,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Aida, thank you for your sweet comment I really like your blog I just could not stop reading your posts. The photos that you choose are gorgeous, I am looking forward to your future posts. I am your newest follower : )

    Maria
    bloomcoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous <3 <3 Great post!!!!!
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  14. such an inspiring post ;)
    beautiful images


    kisses <3
    caramellitsa
    http://caramellitsa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these pictures. I love how they add the flowers to the braid. :) I would love to rock that look sometime!

    I would love if you could stop by my blog and check out my latest outfit post! Xo
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The photos are so beautiful!!

    http://fashionnfairytale.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. woooow... amazing post..
    sooo many awesome photos! great job!

    Much Love,
    Julie - http://juliechoice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's really pretty and stylish. I love it !
    These photos are gorgeous, the first one is amazing. It's a great selection.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This post is fabulous!!! I do love romantic hairstyle and spring atmosphere!
    About this, I'm creating a post on my blog with flower/spring pictures taken by my readers! It could be an occasion to spread the spring and your blog's link! If you want to participate you just have to send me a picture about spring or flower taken by you and I'll publish it! Send it to costanza.saglio@gmail.com or post it on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thetraveleater
    .
    xoxo, thanks!
    :)
    C.
    ___
    http://thetraveleater.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Botticelli?! Listened with Vivaldi...
    ...gorgeous !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love the flowers woven into a braid.. so heavenly :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful flowers :)))

    http://www.lostinunderwear.blogspot.it/2012/03/i-primi-fiori-di-primavera.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. These photo's are absolutely beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved this post! Expecially the first photo, with girls and narcissus... <3

    Clo
    http://cable-knitsweater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the flowers galore this season, in your hair or on the clothes!

    lovely blog btw! definitely following back :)

    xoxo

    www.eenieminnie.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Spring my dear!:) Those floral headbands are so beautiful! Hope you have a lovely day!:)Kisses!:*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh that is so sad... I hope that you (or your family) captured pictures of this 'hill'... I'd love to see what it looked like! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous!!!!!

    Kisses,

    Eva
    MadameMademoiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's so funny: I was thinking about a post like this for my blog, ah ah!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. very beautiful! and I love your memories feature :)
    thanks for sharing this post! I totally forgotten I need to find faux flowers for wedding!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  31. amazing photos! i loved them all

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a lovely post and so many amazing images! Thanks stopping by and for such a sweet comment! You have a wonderful blog and I'm following you!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours
    http://fashionablyyours-juneli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. That pictures ;)

    http://toosweetcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a lovely post and amazing inspirations!!!I love flowers!!!
    Thanks for your sweet comment!!!***
    I love your blog and I'm following you!
    Kisses**

    ReplyDelete
  35. spring = flowers. i couldn't wait for it ;)
    nice, inspiring photos.
    have a nice evening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Cute post! I miss playing around outside and just be xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. such an amazing post, lovely photographs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you very much for your comment.
    It has made me very excited.
    Thanks for following and thanks for letting me know your blog. I loved, you have very good taste. We take very well. We are in contact. I follow you. :) **

    Malva

    P.D.: I've loved the flowery braids.

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are so beautiful !! Now I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  40. a beautiful post!

    http://sticktofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing inspiration! I love these hair dos
    Kisses
    Aga

    Check my new post
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful pictures!!!
    I love the floral headbands
    Kisses.
    Moi Coquette.

    ReplyDelete
  43. i adore all these floral headbands! so hippie-like! love it!

    :)

    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. oh i absolutely have an obsession with flower headbands too!!! they are so perfect and whimsical.

    xx
    Cat
    flauntandrepeat.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Aida,

    Thank you so much for your lovely lovely comment. I really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed reading this post and looking at the photographs. I love the one where she is facing the fire. Thank you for the inspiration. I really do love your blog.... so I am following back. Can't wait to hear from you again and thank you so much for brightening my day, lovely.

    XO

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!!! :)
    Does picks are amaizing!!! Love them! I follow you back! Glad that you find me :))) Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Aida,

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, It made my day.
    I'm so glad that you like the blog and I hope that you will continue to enjoy reading it.
    "The Hill" sounds lovely, and it made me sad to read that it had gone.
    Some great hair pictures, will follow you back.

    Katie
    www.katiescreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. hi! thnx for ur sweet comment! and for following me!
    I'm following u back!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete