Everyday life is the special occasion!

March 08, 2012

Orange Flavour, Sugar Jelly Beans


I grew up in a rural area, 10 minutes away from the city centre by car, but completely distinct from the city's hustle and bustle. My parents have a big farm, full of animals, vegetables  and fruit trees and so, fortunately, I always had access to fruit that really tasted like fruit, not plastic rubber, nor water, nor bland. The cake I baked this week is made of oranges from my favourite orange tree -  a short one with a large treetop that always presented us with the most beautiful, scented and tasteful oranges, very bright, with baby orange segments inside. The orange tree to which I used to both apologize and  thank everytime I plucked its oranges [asI had seen in cartoons] when I was little. The same one that shows its gratitude until today!


Ingredients:
  • 2 tea cups flour
  • 2 tea cups sugar
  • 1 soup spoon yeast
  • 4 eggs room temperature
  • 1/2 tea cup milk
  • 2/3 whole oranges
Pre-heat the oven 190ºC/ 4 gas

Put the oranges in the blender. Add the eggs, the oil and the sugar. In a bowl mix everything together for about 5m. Put the dough in a cake mould lightly greased with butter and sprinkled with flour. Put it in the oven for about 35 minutes.

Cover:
  • sour cream
  • 4 soup spoons of sugar
  • food colouring
  • pre -cover [ a thin layer of melted white chocolate]
  • coloured sugar jelly beans













37 comments:

  1. super cute, and delicious looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I want to try!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very delicious:)

    www.whiteperla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. que pastel tan delicioso y más si es de cosecha propia...
    muchos besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que bom aspecto *.*

    Fi *

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried your receipt ...the carrot, cinammon one ....just marvellous.. a success in the family !!!It did not last too much... so I will try this one also !!!
    xxx
    stephaniehadrath.blogspot.com
    shbyhadrath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so delicious and pretty. I want to try it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. nhamyyyyyyy... Vou experimentar fazer. :)
    Não neste, mas para o fim de semana seguinte!!

    http://maniac4moda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmmmm caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

    X

    / L from sweden

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks so yummy.

    www.rollolollo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cake is gorgeous besides being delicious!
    In Brazil, sugar jelly called the Jujuba!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What about my diet?!:) I'm hungry just looking at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum it looks sooo good! Perfect, I've just had my lunch and need a dessert!:p Kisses dear!:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can I have a piece?

    xx
    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks ÑAM ÑAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM even i'm on diet!!! ;(

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so delicious :) And I must say - beautiful flowers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic!!!!! Of Course i follow your blog, and you? =)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pero que pinta mas buena tiene. Gracias por la receta. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey,,, thanks for stopping by on my blog!! Urs is sooo gorgeous too!!

    OMG.. your post made me want to bite my screen!! hehehe

    Xoxo

    Vania

    PS: Você não é de Portugal??

    www.coisasecaramelo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love your blog!!!^^

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. :O The cake looks so yummy omg! I want to try it!
    xx
    Dee-VineAnonyme

    ReplyDelete
  22. it looks delicious!
    love x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, it looks so delicious! I'll definitely try this reciepe =)

    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. that cake looks delicious!!
    yummyyyy!
    I'm following you too now hun:)
    keep in touch :D
    http://inexpensiveluxury.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yum that looks amazing!!!
    I'm following you! I don't actually have a followers list but there is a "follow" link on the top page of my blog, next to the search, share, report links. :)
    Love your cakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. thank you so much for your lovely coment!! it means a lot to us!!!
    love your blog!!! this cake looks delicious!!
    following you back!!
    xx
    Mitsue & Lay
    http://airedevainilla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so pretty! :)

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much :) Great cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks like such a delicious cake! Lovely photos! I followed your blog, hope you can follow me back. We post similar things! x

    Kate {Something Fabulous}
    http://thesomethingfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I choose you with other bloggers for Blog Award Backlog! This is a little prize because I love following your blog :-)

    Clo
    http://cable-knitsweater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooo that looks yummy scrummy!! Any chance you could send me a piece through the screen?? I hope you enjoyed it! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete