Everyday life is the special occasion!

March 05, 2012

Killer Heels



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For years I longed to grow up real fast so that I could stand up on top of those walking pedestals that made women look like supermodels, slenderized the legs, gave them magnificence and boldness, a sassy, cheeky and very elegant look. I remember being just a kid and of putting them on and my feet would get to swim in these luxury liners and of having the confirmation that, after all, I had the knack to walk on them! Of course that as soon as I could, I never let go of them anymore! For years I've inflicted my feet the sacrifice of walking on a daily basis on these scaffoldings to the point of deforming my feet. Fortunately, nowadays high heels are often compensated what is very good news for the reelief of both my feet and legs. The Portuguese pavement, clearly anti-high heels, isn't much of a help either. Often, nowadays, I find myself observing young women, who, like I used to do in the past, are obviously distressed trying to walk in an elegant manner, as they see in the catwalk, where the floor is equable. Some perform Herculean efforts not to loose balance, others premise their painful and  clunky walk as the standard-bearer of their femininity, in the daily odyssey of walking 200m without crashing on the floor. I continue observing them, but with a certain critical detachment. High heels are undeniably beautiful, outstanding and sophisticated, but to me, just for special ocasions. I guess I'll have to admit that this is the sign that I'm getting old!




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

60 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love all of these heels *-*/
    really inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous heels in this post. I love so many of them but I do agree with you, heels are (for me anyway) just for nights out and special occasions. I'm quite tall anyway so I look quite silly I think if I wear them in the day. Still love them at night though :)

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING x

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such gorgeous shoes. all of them. i know my mom always shakes her head at my sisters and i, saying we're going to ruin our feet... but everything in moderation and i think i'll be ok. great post.

    Teeki Oscar's Bag Giveaway on my blog,

    hapatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fabulous shoes!
    Somehow i always go for the flats...

    Have a wonderful new week!
    Tibs
    shoptravelfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Always love your photos!

    Xox Soph

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a post! shoes are my weakness! x

    http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your lovely comment;) I follow you now via GFC <3

    minnja.blogspot.com

    LOVE
    Minnja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que bonito reportaje de tacones, yo me los pondría casi todos. Un besado guapa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the high heels! EVERY shoe in this post is GORGEOUS!

    http://samalamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love shoes and hig heels!!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning collection of shoes! I am so in love with floral heels right now!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your comment and follow Aida! Am following you back! I love high heels but I have a broken foot and cant wear any for a while :'(
    Please remove word verification
    xx
    http://junebiswas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! Looooooooove all those shoes! Especially the glitter and spike ones!

    Hope you visit me on my Blog
    Fashionobsession-mieni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que zapatos!!! no sabría con cual quedarme. Bueno sí, con todos!!!
    Bs,
    Marian
    mariandomenech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fashion is always fashion!!!
    .... and girl childhood's dream of high heel shoes is always the same and the eternal one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shoes are amazing ! They are so stylish and pretty. Love them all.
    Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All high-heels are awesome, but so so so uncomfortable :( But sometimes - we womens - don't have a choice. We have to wear high-heels! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely photos and really amazing shoes!!! But is it really possible to walk with them for more then 10 min???

    xxx
    stephaniehadrath.blogspot.com
    shbyhadrath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love heels, but can't walk in them to save my life, my left ankle just can't handle it!! I would have a closet full of them if I could, I always find lots I love, but hardly any flats I like the same. Gorgeous shoes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. great photos! It is shame that I can't wear high heels...I am very tall women...

    best regards from Poland;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. very nice pics... But I can't walk in those shoes...I only can stand in it :)

    Wish you a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous shoes! I love this post!! I wear ridiculously high heels whenever I can but sometimes I can't wear them all day anymore. Makes me a little sad :-))

    www.wayoutsidelookingin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. what kind of shoes in the photos, I am madly in love with shoes ... all very beautiful and I want to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really gorgeous shoes!
    I wear heels for special occasion...I'm not very comfortable walking wearing them during the day while going to university, taking trains and buses or for having a coffee with friends...I am a mess and I care about my knees :D
    And you are not getting old...otherwise I'm getting old too!!!
    Let's say that....you changed (part of) your mind :P

    ReplyDelete
  25. Girl this post had me DROOLING the entire time... most of these shoes I couldn't walk a foot in, but who cares? They are FABULOUS!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing shoes! I love them all.

    - Victoria
    www.vickkitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome shoes, I want everything, can't say which I loved more :(


    visit me when you have the time :) http://blogdaflavs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loooove all of these heels! Gorgeous shoes you picked up dear!:) Have a lovely week! Kisses!:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi dear, i am alread a follower on this blog.ok?
    New post on "http://firulasdebolso.blogspot.com/2012/03/look-do-dia-black.html". Do look it!
    Thanks, Júlia.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great heels!

    Thank you thats so weet of you! :D

    XX

    Linda from sweden

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow, that's a lot of high heels. i love high heels, they are so sexy, but too bad i'm not comfortable walking in them. the max i can handle are 3.5 inch heels.

    ReplyDelete
  32. your blog is so cute! these shoes are making me swoon . . . i must admit tho, i do better in flats. i love heels, but mostly just to look at. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Acabo de conocert tu blog y es genial!! Yo adoro los tacones aunque los llevo poco por la comodidad!

    Te invito a pasarte por emi blog por si te apetece conocerme ;) Un besito y Feliz semana!
    Mi vida en sueños

    ReplyDelete
  34. A cuál más fantásticos!

    Gracias por dejarme un comentario en mi blog :D

    Te sigo!

    Un beso!

    Eva
    MadameMademoiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. i loved the first pic's louboutin ones, the black and beige studded ones by steve madden, and the sparkly silver and gold ones, wish my feet could take such pain, but i usually go for boots and stuff like that...
    http://lureofthedarkside.blogspot.com/
    check out my newest post dedicated to victoria beckham

    ReplyDelete
  36. OH! Love high heels!!!

    XO

    www.stephaniefasen.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like killer heels, but I don't think I can walk on such high shoes. I only wear heels for special events or something, but heels are also fun for just having them in your wardrobe: you can look at them all the time (:
    Love, Kiek.

    ReplyDelete
  38. These heels are really killers!

    Desislava
    http://truedreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Sweetie,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so fascinated about your blog, and I love every thing about it. I'm trying to follow your blog via GFC, but it seems not to be responding. I'll sure do come back always. Tnx!
    Maxwell
    http://beauty-hive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. OMG!!!^^
    such stunning shoes ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  41. OH i truly love glittered heels <3
    But I am not able to walk on them ;-)

    Clo
    http://cable-knitsweater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Quem me dera anda em cima disso LOOOOOOL

    Fi *

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow! this is what I call : highhhh heels!!
    what a great post!
    I love all the red ones...
    xxx Ros.e.

    http://tramped-rose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my! All of these high heels look beyond any doubts AMAZING!!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Eu percebo-te, hehe
    Queres uns saltos altos que te façam pensar que estás de salto raso? LITA!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lovely post dedicated to heels! I agree with you, extremely high heels, like 12cm and more, are not so much for everyday but better for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I agree, i love heels but as you said i wear them just for nights and special events!
    Luckily i like a lot ballerinas too!^^
    Amazing selection, i want them all!!!!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh wow, such gorgeous shoes! I really love the sparkly ones, so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow these shoes are so amazing! You picked really lovely ones :)
    I adore the ones from Louboutin. I want to have one of him, if I save enough money in the future ;)

    Ha but walking would be the other problem ;) Do you can walk on shoes like this?

    Really nice blog btw, hope you will stop at mine sometime :)

    XXX
    Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  50. maybe they are "killer heels" but they are AMAZING ;)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Beyond gorgeous post! And I love that last image--it's like all these killer heels are conspiring to find their way into my closet!

    xo mary jo

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow, these certainly are killer heels! I love the red sequinned shoes with the ribbons the best!

    http://astoldbyeveryone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. nono, you're not getting old! you're just being practical. I would wear heels all the time if I could...but these days (especially with a toddler) it's not only impractical but also uncomfortable. But I relish the special occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow, I love those shoes so much!! I cant imagine myself without heels but I am not quite sure if I wouldn break my leg in those. But they are fab!!

    Kisses, Lucy:)

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love love Love high heels as long as they have a platform:)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I really love high heels, but it's true they aren't healthy for everyday, only for specific times :)

    http://cashmereflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  57. Heels and just heels!

    http://style-trigger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  58. I think I want most of those shoes... Totally insane!

    "I" is for Isabel x

    ReplyDelete