Everyday life is the special occasion!

March 12, 2012

Caped Crusader - Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capes have always caught my attention, or better saying, my fertile imagination which frequently led me [actually it still does] to impossible, unreal, cinefile and abundant in adventures sceneries, densely populated with superheroes. Nevertheless I guess that my true devotion to this fashion item happened precisely in the 80's when secretly saw the movie "Company of the Wolves" - certainly not for my age then - and I fell in love with the amazing red cape of Angela Lansbury. Red Riding Hood has always been one of my favourite chilhood's bedtime stories - that of a young girl, somewhat lively and irreverent, adventurous, defiant of rules, assertive, who likes to put herself to test and that at the same time appears to be naive, because she trusts other people to be as honest and as straightforward as she is. In my mind, when I heard that story I always pictured myself! As for the cape, we've it on fashion shows,  blogs and in magazines. It's portrayed as an alternative to the coat this fall and winter.You may argue that they are not as warm as a coat, because of the arm-slits, but you can wear a thicker shirt underneath. The essence of this item is fancy fashion and playing dress-up, is to convey a certain allure, they have a timeless appeal, it garantees the idea of protection, guardian, shield. Although capes pass on the idea of well-behaved girl, they also carry within something subversive, provocative, of sin and malice. I own a lot and dare you to wear one as well. After all, girls, who's afraid of the big bad wolf?




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

55 comments:

  1. interesting blog !
    follow each other via GFC and bloglovin ? :)

    http://bongsbelleza.blogspot.com/
    Love,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too following you via GFC :)
      can we follow via bloglovin too ? :)

      http://bongsbelleza.blogspot.com/
      Love,

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen that movie, but the first picture taken from it is absolutely stunning! And what a great collection of modern cape photos you've collected. I had one years ago in high school, and wish I hadn't donated it since they're obviously back in style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capes look so very sophisticated (and scary if worn in a mysterious way!!). Love this post! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    Friend and Fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these looks! i wish i had a cape! so cute!

    :)
    xx

    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Capes are so versatile! Thanks for sharing all of this inspiration ;)

    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the cape look.. how do you manage to find so many pictures? i can tell how detailed you are... great post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this capes me fascinan!!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have a beautiful blog I am your new follower via google friend connect hope you can follow back so we can keep in touch ;)

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! great post what a bunch of capes!!!
    I hav one made of wood
    my mother use to have one when I was little

    find them so elegant.. I now have a coat with cape it's a mixture of these dseigns y dar blue .. I adore the elegant part and the part of childish that it has!!!!


    have a lovely monday!!!!
    ks

    ReplyDelete
  10. those capes are all so gorgeous!!! i want one too! that is now going on my list of stuff to get. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Capes are wonderfull... but therefore you have to be tall and thin otherwise....
      xxx
      stephaniehadrath.blogspot.com
      shbyhadrath.blogspot.com

      Delete
  11. VAYA !!!!
    QUÉ ENTRADA MÁS COMPLETA ,A MI ME ENCANTAN LAS CAPAS
    Y PUEDES IR PREPARANDO OTRA SOBRE CAPAS PARA EL VERANO ,QUE TAMBIÉN HABRÁ MUCHAS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really into capes, too! amazing inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos!

    I love capes - especially the last one! The red cape and white dress look stunning together!

    Em
    x

    http://emberdrake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. No one can be afraid with these outfits! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those capes are so pretty. Love them all. It's very elegant and stylish.
    The white capes are so lovely.
    Love these photos too, the last one is great. It's a perfect selection.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been in love with capes for a very long time. I own only one, but love it. It makes every outfit elegant

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Leo ones look great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've a real passion for capes, and here are the most fantastic ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ou have got one of the best blogs I have seen recently.Creativity of any kind always attracts me and you are a masterpiece in that.Thanks for sharing so much. I am definitely following you.
    http://jhilmildsaha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally agree- they have a fabulous sophistication!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. totally agree with you its a growing trend and looks so very classy. loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eu não tenho nenhuma. Gosto imenso mas nunca encontrei "the one"! ***

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love cape coat too! Great images, as usual! have a lovely day dear!:*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow that lace cape is AMAZINGLY fabulous. If I had to chose one, that would be it!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice post sweet<3 checkout mine if you have a chance thankyou:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. One of my childhood fantasies, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks so much for commenting and joining my blog! I follow you too through gfc!
    this is a great blog and awesome post! so complete! adore capes!!!

    xoxo from

    www.themidniteblues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great pictures! I love a cape!

    xo, -Elizabeth

    http://bookofleisure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanks for your sweet comment, you have a lovely blog too! I'm your newest follower dear, take care!

    Ber.

    ReplyDelete
  30. capes look very glamorous!!!^^

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG I love your blog!!! Please follow mine! I ALWAYS FOLLOW BACK! :)http://tweendreamsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow I love it! Such a nice post! X

    Love,
    Zizi: www.zizistyling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Também adoro capas. Principalmente as vermelhas; fazem-me sentir parte de um conto de fadas. :) Mas neste post o que me chamou mais a atenção foram todas as fotos com lobos (a minha perdição).

    Queria agradecer-te o comentário super querido que deixaste no meu blog. Também vou passar a visitar-te regularmente. :D

    Beijinho*

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful selection of pics!
    capes are definitely one of my favorite pieces to have in my wardrobe, but some of these pictures are pure beauty!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a very inspirational post! I haven't thought too much about trying any capes but now I think I should!


    XO J
    www.style-worthwhile.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a great post -- there's something about capes that makes every outfit chic and put-together. Maybe I need to add one to my own wardrobe! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOVE this post. I have wanted a cape for SO long and this has provided real inspiration - Thank you!

    Cx

    www.charlotte-alice.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Heyy girl, how are u? Thanks for the visit!!! Your blog is amazing!! Loved this post with the capes, i really want a cape this winter!

    xoxo
    http://www.karollourenco.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  39. hola que tal, gracias por pasar por mi blog... ya te estoy siguiendo yo a ti también.
    Me ha gustado mucho tu nota, tienes un gran don para escribir, cosa que a mi me cuesta un poco! jaja
    las chaquetas o tapados, muy bellos, uno mas lindo que el otro, solamente no me gustan los que están echos con pieles de animales reales, eso si que no me gustan! podría usar una imitación así que se de sintético, pero no uno real, estoy en contra del maltrato animal y me parece muy cruel hoy en día matar a un animal para crear un abrigo, con tantas formas de abrigarnos que tenemos. bah me pongo mal. je
    bueno. te mando un saludo y espero que me sigas leyendo porque yo te seguiré leyendo a ti. un beso desde Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great collage of capes, where I live now it's imposible to stay so warm. It's very hot in here.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you!!!a lot to me. A beautiful red cape -last photo!!! This is my favorite.
    In two weeks premiere of our new projects. invite:) and here our projects done http://fashion-rosesproject.blogspot.com/p/project-fashion-roses.html I greet and I will watch your blog!!! kisses:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love those capes they are gorgeous! I think the long ones you have to be pretty tall to carry them off, which sadly I'm not! I adore the lace one! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love that kind of coat! :)

    http://style-trigger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. wow these photos are amazing!

    http://sevenautumnleaves.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  45. Great photos!
    I love it!
    Thank's for your lovely comment!
    You have a wonderful blog
    I'm your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful photos. I got inspired to get myself a red cape. I've thought about a cape for a long time, but now I'm sure that I'd like a red one with a big hood.

    Also, I'm a new follower.

    Love,
    Evamaria

    http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete