Everyday life is the special occasion!

March 22, 2012

Berries Cupcakes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the end of Spring/ beginning of Summer mouthwatering berries of all kinds used to abound in the low bushes near my house and me and my childhood friends used to make an expedition into the woods every weekend either to eat them fresh out of hand or to pick them for our mums to bake them in a cake for Saturday afternoon snacks. Sometimes we'd eat them still hot, for they had been under the full sun and that often gave us stomachache.
This week to celebrate the shy arrival of Spring I decided to bake dark chocolate cupcakes with a hint of berries and although the jam jar didn´t give me the same thrill as when I used to pick the berries by myself, it surely tasted as good as when I was young!


Ingredients:
  • 2 tea cups flour
  • 2 tea cups sugar
  • 1 soup spoon yeast
  • 7 eggs room temperature
  • 1/2 tea cup sunflower oil
  • 1 tea cup of chocolate in powder
  • 1 tea cup of milk
  • 1 tea cup of boiling water
Pre-heat the oven 190ºC/ 4 gas

In a bowl beat up the eggs, the sugar and the sunflower oil for about 3 minutes with the mixer and pour over the flour with the yeast. Blend well with a big spoon, add the milk and at last pour the boiling water cup over all. Use the  mixer again for about 3 minutes. Put the dough in a cake mould lightly greased with butter. Put it in the oven for about 25 minutes.

Filling:
  • red berries jam with natural berries bits
Cover:

[Italian Meringe - former recipe on the blog]









----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

61 comments:

  1. These look pretty! And yummy too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! the look tasty!
    xo
    www.stylegod7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm that looks delicious! :D

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suas receitas são incríveis! A composição das fotos, tudo!
    Aqui no Brasil tem um blog muito bom que você iria adorar, é o http://technicolorkitchen.blogspot.com.br/
    Dá uma olhada, tenho certeza que vai gostar!

    beijos, Rebeca
    www.multistyle.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look heavenly and I just love your blog! Thanks so much for stopping by and for following. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy!!!

    -Lacey

    http://thelifewithlacey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! and they look adorable!

    grace
    http://herumbrella.com
    http://posheventplanning.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm, yummy! These look delish :)
    Haha, thanks for sharing the recipe, I'll definitely have to try these out!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummi!!!
    xxx
    stephaniehadrath.blogspot.com
    shbyhadrath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect cupcakes! I have to try that recipe:)

    - Alice

    http://stylist-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they looks very delicious:)

    www.whiteperla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cupcakes!!! mmmmm makes me want to eat themyou have been perfect. a big kiss!! muaks

    ReplyDelete
  13. look delicious
    for sure it was good

    kisses VM
    veronicamarianaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so pretty and that looks so delicious.
    I love cupcakes.
    These photos are really great.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. they look amazing! I will try to copy your recipe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum!!!!

    http://mysecretshopping.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look so tasty, I want!

    Great blog, now following you! Thank you for the very sweet comment you left on my blog :)

    Lucy Loves To Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ficou mesmo guloso, esse interior está fantástico :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect:) You're making me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dark chocolate + berries + cupcakes = AMAZING!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Como provei o bolo de chocolate da mesma massa sei que estavam maravilhosos! Mas também nem precisava de provar, feitos por ti são sempre uma maravilha! Beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now I'm craving for those cupcakes!!^^ Big kiss dear and have a lovely day!:*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delightful! I think I would be nervous picking berries out in the woods, but rest assure you knew what they were! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  24. They look like my mother's cakes, how sweet they were! :)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yumm!!! These look too delicious!

    xo, -Elizabeth

    http://bookofleisure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ai que eu não como um cupcake há tanto tempo e esses têm um aspecto tão delicioso! *

    ReplyDelete
  27. look so delicious, love your blog!! kisses from Poland ant thanks for comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks absolutely delicious! Clever girl!:)
    Simona
    www.simimaus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those look amazing! So yummy. :)

    Thanks for swinging by my blog and leaving a comment! Don't be a stranger!

    -Ashley
    http://lerougestylo.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I dear. thanks for your sweet words...of course now I follow you too. You know I love do cupcakes...but I've never tried this one.xoxo mininuni
    mininuni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can smell their chocolate flavour ;)))

    www.lostinunderwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh! so yummy!!! They look fabulous! I think the chocolate does the magic. I made strawberry cake yesterday that didn't really go over too well.
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sou muito esquisita nessas coisas, ainda só provei cupcake's de chocolate porque tenho medo de não gostar de outros sabores...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aida, Hey thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you happened upon it and also a huge thank you for the sweet compliment about it. Yes, I am now a follower of your blog which by the way is so cute. I admit it...I love cotton candy so the name will stay with me and I'll check in on a regular basis. Your cupcakes look and sound so good. I'm not a very good cook...wish I was, but the truth is what it is. It's so nice to meet you and I'll be back soon. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  35. ooowow ;D great cookies ;)) do you think that i should translate my notes into english :)? i thought about it but i am not sure ;))

    ReplyDelete
  36. delicious.. :-)
    thanks for your comment
    now i follow you
    kisses
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those are so so pretty and I bet they tasted delicious!

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Aida!Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.Im a new follower here as well.Im looking forward to the journey with you on your blog as too.

    Yummy cupcakes,Im thinking on baking banana bread tonight.


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Looks so delicious! Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Aida thank you very much for visiting my blog and for your wonderful comment! I really like your blog it is very fresh and motivating! Love the cupcakes! I have a friend couple they love to make cupcakes and we actually wanted to make a blog post about that! Enjoy your day and weekend. I am following you back xoxo ES
    www.liveyourpassion.gr

    ReplyDelete
  41. i love cupcakes!!! :) thanks for visit.. i follow you too!!! kisssssss

    ReplyDelete
  42. So happy you're a co-baker my dear!! I love cupcake baking myself and I find myself a lot trying new recipes! Thanx for sharing yours! :)

    Ps thank you for your lovely comment on my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Mmmm yummyyy :)) it's sooo appetizing !!

    xxx Selma

    PS : i just started a new blog if u wanna take a look at it !
    http://letmebewacky.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Those look delicious, and surprisingly easy to make! I really like your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow, these cakes look gorgeous! I really need to learn how to cook... Great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. woooooow! love the cupcakessssssssssss! <3
    great blog i follow you back sweety!
    fofosfashion.blogspot.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yuuummm! I love cupcakes! These look delicious :)

    xo
    bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  48. omg. these look so good! i have to try them. thank you for sharing! glad i stumbled upon your blog.. really enjoying it :]

    ReplyDelete
  49. It looks yummy!I will try it at home for sure ;) I'm glad to find ur blog,it's vey interesting! Lots of love!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete