Everyday life is the special occasion!

May 09, 2013

Red Fruits Braid



 In terms of sweets, for me, there is nothing better than the combination of puff pastry with red fruits. To tell the truth, there is also nothing easier to prepare, especially when the pastry is excellent quality - I already tried numerous brands, I'm a fan of Lidl's. The buttery flavor and tender texture of the puff pastry, the sweet taste of jam and the fresh, fruity aroma and slightly acidic aftertaste of the red fruits blends perfectly for a delight that tastes and smells of spring!
 

Ingredients:
  •  a roll of puff pastry
  •  frozen or fresh red fruits
  •  fruits of the forest jam
  •  granulated sugar
  •  an egg to glaze + 1 tablespoon milk

Open up the sheet of the puff pastry and vertically divide it into three equal parts, marking the dough lightly with the tip of a knife. Then, the side cuts are made symmetrical on both sides. The strip in the middle is brushed with jam and filled with red fruits. Next, start plaiting up the sides and then the  close the
ends, pressing the dough with your fingers, brushing with eggwash. Finally, sprinkle with granulated sugar and put in the oven in a mold lined with parchment paper, until golden.




Em termos de doçaria, para mim, não há nada melhor do que a combinação de massa folhada com frutos vermelhos. Para dizer a verdade, também não há nada mais fácil de se preparar, sobretudo quando a massa folhada é de qualidade excelente - eu, que já experimentei inúmeras marcas, sou fã da do Lidl. O paladar amanteigado e a textura tenra da massa folhada, o sabor adocicado e fresco da compota, o aroma frutado e o travo ligeiramente ácido dos frutos vermelhos funde-se na perfeição para uma delícia que sabe e cheira à primavera!

Ingredientes:
  • um rolo de massa folhada
  • frutos vermelhos congelados ou frescos
  • doce de frutos do bosque 
  • açúcar granulado
  • um ovo para pincelar+ 3 colheres de leite
Abre-se a folha da massa folhada e, na vertical, divide-se em três partes iguais, marcando a massa  levemente com a ponta de uma faca. Depois, nas laterais fazem-se cortes simétricos de ambos os lados. A tira do meio é pincelada com doce e cheia com os frutos vermelhos. Seguidamente, começam a entrançar-se as laterais e depois de fechadas as pontas, pressionando a massa com os dedos, pincela-se com ovo e leite. Finalmente, polvilha-se com açúcar granulado e vai ao forno numa forma forrada com papel vegetal, até alourar.











15 comments:

  1. Aída que rico!!! Acá se da mucho los berries ,, así que esa receta me viene muy bien
    Cariños

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que rico!!! y una imágenes preciosas. Dan ganas de comer... donde está mi te?. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que linda ficou esta trança! E deve ser deliciosa.
    beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I' m a diabetic and with this wonderful images you are a real temptation, my dear ;-) :D
    You are very nice, clever and worthy, an insuperable magician... and a lovely friend!!!
    I like comparing your cakes with mine, your tips are very useful to improve mine that I do for my dearest, to have more success!
    Bravo bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks delicious! I've never eaten anything like that I think :) Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!

    xxx
    E from Helsinki
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! More yummy pastries! Pastries and cakes are my weakness. Oh, and not forgetting the yummylicious chocolate =D

    P.S. I will definitely let you know when I go Portugal again. Last year I was in Lisbon for winter and I love how peaceful and beautiful that place is. My bf can't help it with the egg tarts and pastries! LOL! I would love to taste all the pastries and cakes in Portugal again. Thank you so much for your offer =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aida, I just had my lunch, it could be so perfect right now!XD Oh my, I need to go to Lidl's too and get the puff pastry so I can recreat your yummy recipe!^^ Looks very very tasty and yummy! Kisses dear, have a nice day!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Epá tem cá um aspecto!!! Maldita virose que apanhei, se não já sabia o que ia comer este fim de semana, eheheh. Mas já eu com massa folhada, só feita em casa mesmo. Temos uma receita bem boa e bem fácil, sem serem precisas horas de amassar.
    http://fashionfauxpas-mintjulep.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiene un color precioso y encima hecho con hojaldre, es de mis masas preferidas. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que buen dulce nos has hecho hoy!!! Me gusta mucho el hojaldre con frutos rojos!!! Es una delicia!!!

    Un besito,
    Sandra von Cake

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just reading your description of the desert had my mouth watering!! I may have to make my own ;-)

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete