Everyday life is the special occasion!

July 27, 2016

Homemade Physalis Jam

Physalis abound in our farm and they are one of my favourite summer fruits. Physalis fruit have a definite sweet taste when ripe, but preserve a slightly acidic/ sour aftertaste that I simple love. Rich in antioxidants, a good source of vitamins A, B and C and carotenoids this fruit is also rich in other nutrients that contribute to our dietary needs. The jam, strongly aromatic and  with a golden colour is absolutely divine and soon became part of my daily summer breakfast routine.


Ingredientes:
  • 2 kg physalis
  • 1 kg sugar
  • 2 cinammon sticks
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
Prepare the physalis by removing outside husk or covering and wash them. Put the sugar in a big pan and place the physalis on top and mix well with a wooden spoo. Bring to boil and add a bit of water, 2 sticks of cinammon and the juice of sugar and the lemon juice and boil for 10 minutes. With a wooden spoon mix all once in a while  and continue boiling till a little will set when tested. Pour into prepared jars and seal.

3 comments:

  1. Que saudades me deu de phisalis e de compota deste fruto! beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard or even seen these fruits before, but they sound great. I love making jam out of fruits, my mum and I do it most years. This looks yummy! I adore strawberry or blackberry and apple jam on mature cheddar cheese, crazy I know! XxxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. deve ser bem bom, gosto tanto deste fruto!
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete