- 1 egg for every 2 slices of bread
- Cinnamon, season to taste
- 1/2 tsp (3 ml) vanilla extract (vanilla essence, optional)
- Bread (8 pieces), type of bread is up to your preference
- Desired toppings
- Milk (depending on number of eggs, 2 tablespoons per egg)
Set the stove to medium high heat. Place the pan over the burner if cooking over the stove. Add butter so that the bread will not stick to the pan.Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Beat them together with a whisk. Turn the heat down to medium-low, once the pan is heated sufficiently. Dip the bread into the egg mixture. Coat a slice of the bread with the mixture on both sides. Place each side onto the pan. Cook the toast until golden on both sides. It takes approximately 45 seconds per side. Put the toast on a plate. Then serve immediately with powdered sugar and fresh [preferably]or frozen red berries.
Post a Comment