Everyday life is the special occasion!

July 08, 2013

She's Got Legs: Miniskirts - Part 1


The miniskirt has always been the most iconic piece of feminine fashion and one the best ways of showing off the best asset of some fortunate chosen ones - a great pair of seemingly endless legs!
These short skirts make us feel hot, cute and girly and it has been one of my go-to pieces throughout the years. I must admit, though, that as the years go by and as I get older, I don't feel that comfortable or even confident when rocking a miniskirt anymore, specially if bare legged, but I have to yield to the fact  that the miniskirt has long proved itself the status of timeless, over trendy. Do you agree?


A minissaia sempre foi a peça mais icónica da moda feminina e uma das melhores maneiras de mostrar o melhor trunfo de algumas afortunadas  - um fantástico par de pernas intermináveis​​! Estas saias curtas fazem-nos sentir sexy, giras e joviais e tem sido uma das minhas peças recorrentes ao longo dos anos. Devo admitir, porém, que, como o passar dos anos e à medida que envelheço, não me sinto tão confortável ou confiante, ao usar uma minissaia, especialmente se de pernas nuas, mas tenho que render-me ao facto de que a minissaia há muito tempo deu provas  do seu estatuto de intemporalidade, sobre aquele de ser uma peça da moda. Concorda?


12 comments:

  1. Me gustan mucho las mini Aida!! y esos look están muy lindos
    cariños

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pics;DD

    i invite to me too


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! The fist photo is fantastic!

    http://www.martasfashiondiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectas para unas piernas largas y delgadas. Me encantan las de estética inglesa años sesenta. Y que conste que yo aun no había nacido... Besos y feliz día caluroso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These outfits are really nice and i love these skirts. It's a perfect selection.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Aida!
    Back again!
    Amazing Summer pictures that make me thing to our poet's words:
    "Quant'è bella giovinezza che si fugge tuttavia,
    Chi vuol esser lieto sia del doman non v'è certezza!"
    In other words, "carpe diem", my wish to young ladies that can wear miniskirts that once I could permit!
    Nice day, my darling, full of smiles and happiness *_____*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ciao Aida! Hope you had a nice weekend! I totally agree! Mini skirts are an evergreen must have in every woman's wardrobe! I love to wear them especially in summer, and they go well with each garments and style! The photos you collected are all so amazing, love the first one! Kisses and hugs my friend, happy Monday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adoro mini saias mas não em mim eheheheh. Quando era miúda usava muito, de facto hoje em dia já não acho que me fique bem.
    http://fashionfauxpas-mintjulep.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosto bastante de mini-saia, mas só uso em certas ocasiões, nunca no dia-a-dia, exactamente por ter as pernas muito altas e os olhares deixarem-me um pouco desconfortável...

    Boa semana! ;)
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta say that I love seeing girls in miniskirts (as long as their knickers aren't droopy). But I gave all of mine away when I turned 40.

    Still got the legs, though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I agree! I love the different styles of them too :)

    http://currentlylovingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete