Everyday life is the special occasion!

July 23, 2014

Tuna Fish and Peppers Quiche


My love for canned tuna fish is unquestionable - it also translates into being able to cook affordable dishes for a song -  and as I appreciate buying vegetables from the local market, whenever I don't grow them myself at the farm my mind just rang  a bell when last weekend I bought some beautifully coloured peppers and I found my fridge stocked with half priced canned tuna fish from a great  promotion at the supermarket. As I have been experimenting with quiches that contain my favourite ingredients, I decided to make something out of this and I guarantee you this must be one of my favourite creations so far! The mixture of flavours and the nice colours on the inside, not to mention the amazing smell spread all over the kitchen has made this quiche a delicious treat to be repeated continuously from this weekend's onwards.


Ingredients:
  • canned tuna fish [3X]
  • green, orange, red pepper
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 fresh cheese
  • 1 sheet puff pastry
  • 1 greek yoghurt
  • chili
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 onion
  • grounded mixture of pepper
In a frying pan extra virgin olive oil  caramelize the onion chopped in small bits. Then add the chopped peppers and saute them. Afterwards add the canned tuna fish [flow the oil first] and let cook for about 5 minutes. Put the puff pastry into a mold and prick the bottom with a fork. In a separate bowl beat the yoghurt, the eggs, the fresh cheese and season with a bit of chili and grounded mixture of pepper. Put the peppers and tuna fish into the mold and pour the dough over it.Take to a pre heated oven at 180º until golden.



















5 comments:

  1. Mas que apetitosa ficou, tão linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moning Aida! I like canned tuna too and you know, I never tasted this version of the quiche, must be very good, it looks so delicious!:) Have a great day, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost smell this pie!
    You make me hungry! <3

    http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all my husband's favorite foods rolled into one. He wants it for dinner this weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ai céus que bom aspecto!!!!
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete