Everyday life is the special occasion!

December 31, 2013

Holly Centerpiece - DIY


To me the ultimate symbol for the festivities is the holly, the beautiful and somewhat whimsical plant that grows wild in the forest and that is a protected species in Portugal, whose sale and pick up is prohibited, unless it is sold in vases in licensed greenhouses or cultivated at home. It is a symbol for love, hope and a sign of protection and this led to an uncontrolled capture of the species for ornamental purposes in the past. This year I had the great luck of being given two branches by a friend of a relative  who has planted it in her farm and that was gently enough to gift them to me. I will treasure them dearly not only for its immense beauty but also because of its rareness and will plant the seeds in my own farm once the festivities are over so that I will have my own holly tree.
 And as today is the last day of 2013 let me wish you the most fantastic, joyful and fulfilling 2014! May you be very happy and thank you so much for being part of my life!



10 comments:

  1. Great idea! Wish we have hollies too so I can do that :-)

    www.thefabulousgeek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoro, acho que no Inverno dá um ar tão festivo e tão mais quente ás casas, não é? Há qq coisa nesse mix de vermelho e verde assim tão pujante na natureza, numa altura em que tudo parece morto ou adormecido á espera da primavera, qq coisa de esperançoso, de forte, de luminoso.
    http://fashionfauxpas-mintjulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of your friend, it is such a gorgeous plant! Love it too! I didnt know it was protected in Portugal! Dear Aida, I wish you an amazing 2014, full of success, love and joy. May you be always happy and in health through all the year, thanks a million for your precious friendship during the year, which will keep also in the new one :) Have fun tonight! A bunch of hugs and love to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. simples bonito, como as que nos podem fazer felizes. Votos de um 2014 repleto de coisas boas e partilhas inspiradoras na blogosfera!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!:)
    http://seraphinalikesbeauty.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. wowww aida you did an excellent job!!! Happy new year my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful doll. I hope your Christmas time was bliss & your New Year will be even better!! All the best wishes and love to you! May you have lots of adventures and fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. Happy New Year, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful diy idea. Wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May your dreams come true!

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete