Everyday life is the special occasion!

February 18, 2015

Dates Cake


I always enjoy having a nice, calm and comfortable breakfast, but most of the times, during weekdays that's simply not possible so at the weekend I indulge in my favourite meal. I also love having cake and I easily put some ingredients together that I may have at hand on the pantry to bake one, even if that week it's far from being properly stored, as was the case. This super easy, lovely scented and savory cake proved to be a delicious addition to saturday's cold winter mornings.


Ingredients:
  • 200g dried dates
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 75g unsalted butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 4 eggs 
  •  1 1/2 cups flour
 Beat the butter with sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and beat. Add the flour and a teaspoon of baking soda  and continue to beat. Add a cup of milk and blend well. Add the pitted dates and mix well with the help of a wooden spoon. Pour the batter into a mold greased with butter and sprinkled with flour, and taake to a  preheated oven at 170 ° C for about 40 minutes.



Ingredientes:
  • 200g de tâmaras secas
  • 1 colher de chá de bicarbonato de sódio
  • 75g de manteiga sem sal
  • 1 chávena de leite
  • 1 chávena de açúcar mascavado escuro
  • 4 ovos
  • 1 1/2 chávenas de farinha


 Bata a manteiga com o açúcar até obter um creme fofo. Adicione os ovos e bata. Acrescente a farinha e uma colher de café de bicarbonato de sódio e continue a bater. Adicione uma chávena de café de leite e bata. Adicione as tâmaras descaroçadas  e misture muito bem com a ajuda de uma colher de pau. Despeje a massa numa forma untada com manteiga e polvilhada com farinha, e leve a forno preaquecido a 170ºC cerca de 40 minutos.




8 comments:

  1. Tamaras, não, não suporto. Mas já imaginei com alperces secos ou com ameixas e hmm, parece-me que ficará muitooooo bem!!!
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy yummy! It is so plain and yet so delicious, wish I add a piece right now!:) Well done Aida! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mas que apetitoso, ficou com um interior fantástico!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muhhh que bolo más apetitoso !! Y esas flores maravillosas

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious cake...Good job dear aida

    ReplyDelete
  6. sound easy and good I am bookmarking this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Aida, me parece un bizcocho delicioso, me gustan mucho los dátiles y alguna vez los he puesto en bizcochos, pero voy a probar tu receta, me parece buenísima. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks wonderful. Have you heard about baking dates? My son told me about them. Super moist. You can get them at Middle Eastern stores.

    ReplyDelete